VMworld US is rapidly approaching and we’ve been busy gearing up for a great show! In fact, the product team has been especially busy building new features and capabilities into our vSEC Cloud Security product portfolio which we’ll showcase during VMworld. While businesses of all sizes are making significant strides to virtualize networks and leverage public IaaS for greater efficiency and agility, solving the security challenges this new infrastructure brings continues to be common hurdle.
The reason security remains a persistent hurdle is because embedded security controls in this new virtualized infrastructure – whether private SDDC or public IaaS – do not provide any threat prevention capabilities. Meaning, if malware is introduced into the network or a micro-segment, that malware can run unimpeded to infect any other host or service within the micro-segment or the entire network. With so many new vectors available to introduce malware, it is not a question of if an attack will occur but when. vSEC adds that layer of advanced threat prevention security to this new infrastructure, bringing the same level of protections to the cloud that protect customer premise and physical networks.
Last year we announced our vSEC integration with the VMware NSX® network virtualization platform to enable customers to consistently manage and enforce security for all data center traffic across both virtual and physical infrastructures. With VMware NSX, security is delivered as part of the SDDC infrastructure, allowing micro-segmentation to become economically and operationally feasible. With our integration, VMware NSX now transparently inserts and orchestrates Check Point vSEC for advanced threat prevention within the SDDC. Taking this same approach, Check Point now gives customers the confidence to fully automate and scale advanced security protections and extend it from the private cloud to vCloud Air cloud environments.
Check Point vSEC has also undergone technical validation within a VMware vCloud® Air™ environment and has achieved VMware Ready status. vSEC for vCloud Air enables reliable connectivity to public cloud assets while protecting applications and data with advanced threat prevention. vSEC deliver simplified security management and policy enforcement across private, hybrid and public cloud networks.
Most recently, Check Point vSEC achieved VMware Ready™ for NFV certified solutions status. This new VMware Ready for NFV program certifies Check Point vSEC virtual network functions (VNFs) for interoperability with VMware NFV components. Check Point vSEC for vCloud NFV delivers advanced, multi-layered security for vCloud NFV environments and is designed to equip service providers with comprehensive threat prevention security, zero-day protection, agile delivery, management, and automation across core network function, software-defined WAN and vCPE deployments.
What’s more, the new Check Point vSEC cloud security with R80 Management delivers a high quality experience for customers looking to extend advanced security protections to VMware NSX-enabled virtual data centers and vCloud Air hybrid cloud environments. Advanced protections are delivered with adaptive security policies designed for the dynamic requirements of cloud environments:
- Sophisticated and Adaptive Security. Adaptive East-West security and visibility with VM context and automatic object updates. Comprehensive security protections include firewall, intrusion prevention (IPS), anti-bot, anti-virus, application control and SandBlast zero-day protection.
- Security Management that’s easy-to-use. Unified security management, visibility and reporting across both private and hybrid cloud networks. Structured policy layers with granular “micro” policy support. Granular security controls applied on per-flow basis.
- Auto-scale security as your environment grows. Use the REST API’s to create self-service portals. Fully automated infected VM tagging with remediation. Auto-deployment of security to newly deployed hosts and app workloads. Full support for security automation using VMWare vRealize platform.
- Reduce costs. Minimize capital expenditures by migrating mission-critical sensitive workloads to the cloud, all the while achieving the same level of security as your on-premise apps.
This year, Check Point is a Gold sponsor at VMworld US. The conference takes place next week – Aug. 28 to Sept. 4, 2016 – in fabulous Las Vegas! If you are attending, we invite you to come by and visit us in booth #1359 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel & Convention Center. Come for the live demonstrations and stay to hear from our data center security experts how vSEC is helping customers advanced the security of their SDDC deployments. We’re also hosting two great breakout sessions during the show:
- Automate vSEC Advacned Security with NSX by Erez Berkner, Director of Product Management at Check Point, Monday August 29, 4:00pm – 5:00pm
- Deep Dive into Real-Life Data Center Breaches and How They Could Have Been Avoided by Yoav Shay Daniely, Principal Product Manager at Check Point and Jeremiah Cornelius, Security Architect – Partner Product Strategist at VMware, Thursday, September 1, 12:00pm – 1:00pm
We’re looking forward to seeing you there!!