By Russ Schafer, Head of Product Marketing, Security Platforms
Enterprise security solutions enable branch offices to connect safely and reliably to the data center, the Internet and cloud applications. In the past, branches relied on centralized security gateways at their data center to protect the entire enterprise. Enterprises sent branch traffic to the data center on MPLS lines to be secured before reaching the Internet. Routing internet traffic on MPLS lines through the datacenter can increase costs and cause cloud applications to have latency issues impacting the user experience.
As enterprises increasingly move their branch office applications to the cloud, they are adopting Software Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) to intelligently route traffic directly to the internet without routing it through the datacenter. However, connecting branch offices directly to the internet significantly increases their security risk and security management costs. Branches are no longer protected by centralized data center security, which exposes them and the enterprise WAN to sophisticated multi-vector Gen V cyber-attacks.
Enterprises could deploy traditional security gateway appliances in all branch offices to protect Internet traffic. This would provide the maximum security for all branch offices, but some locations may not have the local IT resources to support them. Enterprises need additional security solutions that can be quickly deployed across all branch offices, are always up to date with the latest security, and can be seamlessly integrated with existing routers or SD-WAN solutions.
Check Point announced CloudGuard Connect and CloudGuard Edge to transform branch office connectivity with cloud-powered security services. Check Point CloudGuard Connect and Check Point CloudGuard Edge both deliver top-rated Threat Prevention updated in real-time with the latest ThreatCloud intelligence, flexibility to deploy branch office security in minutes, a unified threat and access management platform that can reduce operational expense by up to 40%, and seamless integration with leading SD-WAN providers like VMware and Silver Peak.
With the announcement of Check Point CloudGuard Connect and CloudGuard Edge, enterprises have two new choices for securing branch connectivity. Below are some guidelines to help you choose the right security solution for your branch offices.
- Check Point CloudGuard Connect cloud-hosted security service delivers maintenance-free, advanced threat prevention to thousands of branch offices in minutes. CloudGuard Connect enables enterprises to use existing branch office routers or dedicated SD-WAN devices to secure cloud and internet bound traffic.
- Check Point CloudGuard Edge is for those enterprises that need on-premise security for data privacy or data-location requirements. CloudGuard Edge can be deployed using virtual security gateway software running on existing branch office IT equipment including dedicated SD-WAN and universal Customer Premise Equipment (uCPE) devices.
Five Minute deployment through Tight Integration with VMware and Silver Peak SD-WAN
To provide enterprises with the ultimate flexibility, Check Point CloudGuard Edge and CloudGuard Connect are tightly integrated with VMware and Silver Peak SD-WAN solutions using APIs that enable a security deployment in five minutes.
“Securing SD-WAN connections to the cloud is essential given today’s advanced cyber threats,” said Sanjay Uppal, VMware Vice President and GM of VeloCloud™. “We’re excited to partner with Check Point to help drive the transformation in connecting branches to the cloud.”
“Through the Silver Peak and Check Point partnership, enterprise IT organizations can confidently embrace a cloud-centric security model, centrally configuring and enforcing uniform security policies across the WAN with just a few mouse clicks,” said Chris Helfer, senior vice president of strategic alliances at Silver Peak. “The Silver Peak® Unity EdgeConnect™ SD-WAN edge platform managed by the Silver Peak Unity Orchestrator™, automatically services chain applications to Check Point CloudGuard Connect and CloudGuard Edge.”
Deliver Top-Rated Threat Prevention Security to Prevent Zero-Day and Gen V Attacks
Check Point provides organizations of all sizes with integrated, advanced threat prevention, reducing complexity and lowering the total cost of ownership. Check Point prevents threats with:
- Top-rated Threat Prevention with 100% Block Rate. Check Point achieved the highest security effectiveness score in the 2019 NSS Labs Breach Prevention Systems (BPS) group The NSS Recommended Rating marks Check Point’s 20th since the 2010.
- Real-time security Intelligence from ThreatCloud. ThreatClould gathers threat intelligence from 86 billion security decisions, 4 million file emulations, and 7000 Zero-Day attacks every day.
- Innovative solutions that combine cloud-hosted patented CPU-level inspection and
OS-level sandboxing to prevent infection from the most dangerous zero-day and sophisticated Gen V attacks
Unified Security Architecture Reduces OpEx costs up to 40% and CapEx by 20%
Both Check Point CloudGuard Connect and CloudGuard Edge are integrated into Check Point’s R80 threat prevention and management platform and Infinity Architecture. This enables enterprises to have a unified view of their threat landscape and security policy from one single console, no matter which form of the CloudGuard service they choose to utilize. They get real-time updates on security threats through the cyber attack dashboard.
Join our webinar in September to learn more about how Check Point, VMware and Silver Peak are securing branch connectivity using CloudGuard Connect and Cloud Cloudguard Edge.