By Michael A. Greenberg, Product Marketing Manager, Security Platforms, published October 18th 2019
Being a small to midsize business in today’s world can be intimidating. With digital transformation affecting every business, there is just no getting away from the constant threat of cyber attacks. The real question hackers are asking themselves when it comes to targeting small and midsize businesses is easy, to breach or not to breach?
According to the 2019 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report, 43% of all breach victims were small businesses, and 63% of attack attempts against SMBs were successful! Now ask yourself, who do you think the hackers are going after? The cost of disruption from cyber-attacks against SMBs can actually exceed $1M* and have a devastating effect on an organization.
It is all about, how do we bring enterprise-grade security to small and midsize businesses? It’s easy, Check Point released two new SMB appliances that set new standards of protection against the most advanced cyber attacks. The new 1500 series security gateways offer the best industry catch rate with award winning threat prevention to serve the unique needs of all small and medium businesses. The best part, it is practical security with minimal expertise required.
3 key innovations for the 1500 security gateways:
- Zero-touch provisioning – Out-of-box setup can be done in minutes using pre-defined security policies
- Unified management – conveniently manageable both locally via a Web interface and centrally by means of a cloud-based Check Point Security Management Portal (SMP) or R80 Security Management
- Mobile app for security on the go – provides real-time monitoring of network events, alerts you when your network is at risk, enables you to quickly block security threats, and configure the security policy for multiple gateways
These new high performance security gateways empower SMB’s with Enterprise-grade security:
- Next Generation Firewall
- Site-to-Site VPN
- Remote Access VPN
- Application Control and Web Filtering
- IoT Device Recognition
- Intrusion Prevention
- SandBlast Threat Emulation (sandboxing)
Offering the best-in-class threat prevention, email security and zero-day protection; this allows businesses everywhere to respond to security events in real-time.
As a small business, I need to be able to simply set up my security, easily manage it and better yet a mobile app where I can confidently delegate my security from the palm of my hand.