By Dana Katz, Head of Product Marketing, Threat Prevention and Shlomi Gvili, Senior Product Manager, Harmony Endpoint and Shlomi Gvili, Senior Product Manager, Endpoint & Mobile Solutions
We are proud to announce that Check Point is recognized as a Major Player in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Modern Endpoint Security 2021 Vendor Assessment for Enterprise (Doc # US48306021, November 2021), with its Harmony Endpoint security solution, Modern endpoint security (MES) technology is the combination of endpoint protection platforms (EPPs) for deterministic prevention and endpoint detection and response (EDR) for post-compromise reaction.
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. The Capabilities score measures vendor product, go-to-market and business execution in the short-term. The Strategy score measures alignment of vendor strategies with customer requirements in a 3-5-year timeframe. Vendor market share is represented by the size of the circles.
To learn more we invite you to download an excerpt of the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Modern Endpoint Security for Enterprise 2021 Vendor Assessment.
In today’s hybrid workspace, when endpoint security plays a critical role in ensuring organizations’ cyber resiliency, enterprises can significantly benefit from implementing endpoint security as part of a holistic security solution.
This trend is also acknowledged by Michael Suby, Research Vice President, Security & Trust at IDC: “Our overarching advice is to evaluate vendors from the perspective of strategic fit. Selecting a vendor and its MES product is not only for combating the threats of today as they will be different tomorrow. Rather, the selection should be made from a long-term perspective on whether the vendor can adapt to the threats of the future while also reducing the cost and complexity of security operations.”
Check Point Harmony Endpoint is a complete endpoint protection (EPP) and Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solution offered as part of the Harmony product suite. Harmony is the industry’s first unified security solution for users, devices and access, providing uncompromised security and simplicity in a single solution that is easy to use, manage and buy. Harmony suite includes Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) for corporate and internet access, Endpoint security, Mobile threat Defense solution and email and collaboration applications security.
We invite you to download an excerpt of the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Modern Endpoint Security for Enterprise 2021 Vendor Assessment.
What makes Check Point a Major Player in Modern Endpoint Security for enterprise in the 2021 IDC MarketScape
The IDC MarketScape for Modern Endpoint Security (MES) 2021 for enterprise provides an assessment of nineteen different MES software vendors based on an in-depth study that analyzes and positions the vendors across a broad range of capability- and strategy-focused criteria; Using both quantitative and qualitative characteristics.
We are also thrilled to share that Check Point has also been recognized as a Major Player in Modern Endpoint Security for Small and midsize Business in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Modern Endpoint Security 2021 Vendor Assessment for Small Midsize Business (Doc # US48304721, November 2021).
Read the report excerpt to learn what key strengths have helped position Check Point a Major Player— but here’s our view on the key takeaways.
▪ Advanced malware protection with no impact on user productivity – The IDC MarketScape recognizes Harmony Endpoint’s distinctive sandboxing and Content Disarm & Reconstruction (CDR) capabilities. These capabilities allow it to block malware (whether coming from web browsing or email attachments) before it reaches endpoint devices. Every file is sent to AI-based malware inspection in a cloud-based sandbox while users receive a safe and cleaned file version in less than 1.5 seconds.
Powerful ransomware remediation capabilities – The IDC MarketScape recognizes Check Point as one of the very few vendors providing rollback remediation, enabled by unique hardware security integration features. Harmony Endpoint offers runtime protection and complete remediation from attacks, with the instant and automated restoration of ransomware-encrypted files, even in offline mode.
▪ Robust market strategy for the enterprise, Small medium-size business (SMB) and consumers – The IDC MarketScape recognizes Check Point’s as a consistently profitable company with robust sales channel strategy and continuous investment in both innovative and core security technologies. All these make its endpoint security solution compelling for the enterprise, SMB market and even the consumer segment through its ZoneAlarm brand.
▪ MES as part of a unified security solution for users, devices and access: The IDC MarketScape highlights benefits in reducing vendor relationships, lowering overhead in security operations, and improving security readiness by using Harmony’s unified security solution for users, devices, and access, with centralized cloud-based management.
Harmony has been recognized before as Market Leader in Endpoint security
Check Point Harmony leadership in endpoint security has been recognized by various industry analysts and third-party tests.
- MITRE Engenuity ATT&CK® 2021 Evaluations Highlighted Check Point Software Leadership in Endpoint Security with 100% Detection across All Tested Unique ATT&CK Techniques
- Harmony Endpoint recognized as a Top Product in Corporate Endpoint Protection by AV-TEST 2021
- Check Point Harmony Mobilehas been recognized as a market leader in Omdia 2021 Market Radar for Mobile Security Management (MSM) Solutions.
- For the third consecutive time, Check Point named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Mobile Threat Management (MTM) Software 2020 Vendor Assessment (Doc # US46092220, September 2020).
We invite you to download an excerpt of the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Modern Endpoint Security 2021 Vendor Assessment for Enterprise to learn:
- How organizations protect endpoint devices
- Where the market is heading and which capabilities to look for in Modern Endpoint Security solutions
- What capabilities have helped position Check Point as a Major Player in the MES space