By Alon Bar, Product Marketing Manager
Banks need network security that performs at the speed of business. This is the key to transferring hundreds of terabytes of data securely and in minutes, as well as to providing low latency for high-frequency financial transactions and for scaling security on-demand to support a hyper-growth business such as online commerce.
This blog will present a real-life story from a North-American bank, the challenges they faced, and the solutions they leveraged to overcome the challenge and bolster their security posture.
This is our 2nd blog in the cybersecurity for banks series. To read the 1st blog, click here: Banks’ top 8 cyber security challenges and how to overcome them.
As the cyber threat landscape continues to evolve and become more dangerous every year, protecting a bank’s IT infrastructure will only continue to become more and more challenging. This blog will focus on securing growing data centers and high-frequency trading platforms
The main challenges to achieving these goals include assuring:
- Zero trust, granular network segmentation to prevent lateral movement
- The secure transfer of hundreds of terabytes
- Low latency for ongoing high-frequency financial transactions
- Simplifying cumbersome management and gaining visibility across on-premise and cloud data centers
To learn more about banks’ top 8 cyber security challenges and how to overcome them, we invite you to watch the Cybersecurity for Banks webinar on-demand.
One of the four biggest banks in the US, with more than 100M customer accounts, WW business, and 100K+ employees, needed to achieve scalability. They wanted to start small and scale up over time, get flexible time slots for upgrades, and centralized management, reporting, analysis, and visibility.
Their set of solutions, covering the different areas in their IT architecture, includes Check Point’s Quantum gateway appliances and Maestro Hyperscale Orchestrator units, which provided them the required scalability with the Maestro orchestrator, and superior centralized management from a single console.
Check Point delivers firewall security at the speed of the network, creating the industry’s fastest cybersecurity solution with up to 3 Tbps of throughput. Secure Terabytes of file transfers that used to take hours can now be done in minutes. Financial institutions can now securely process millions of high-frequency trades with microsecond latency.
By adopting Check Point’s solutions, the bank can benefit from:
- Achieving Zero-trust segmentation, Simple network micro-segmentation with flexible, granular policy layers, dedicated sub-policy per segment, and automation.
- Secure high-speed workloads, backups, and data transfers at an 800 Gbps line-rate firewall throughput
- Protect high-frequency trading apps at 3μSec ultra-low latency
- Support hyper-growth with scalable throughput, at a scale of up to 3.0 Tbps of firewall performance with Maestro
And achieve centralized management with automated operations with R81.10 Unified Cyber Security Platform:
- Using a single cloud-based console
- Providing automated operations with APIs and dynamic policies
- And the acceleration of forensics playbooks
Check Point’s Network Security solutions simplify the bank’s security posture management and streamline and scale operations for continued business growth.
Specifically, the Quantum Network Security solution provides ultra-scalable protection against Gen V cyber-attacks on the network, cloud, data center, IoT, and remote users.
Check Point enables banks to provide advanced digital services to their customers with the highest level of security to their network, cloud, users, and access, with the Quantum, CloudGuard, Harmony, and Infinity families of products.
By adopting a consolidated security approach with Check Point Infinity architecture and services, banks realize preemptive protection against advanced fifth-generation attacks while achieving a 50% increase in operational efficiency and a 20% reduction in security costs.
This broad cybersecurity offering of solutions and services from Check Point is enabling 6,500 financial institutions around the world to overcome their toughest challenges today.