A common cyber security problem faced by many organizations
Everywhere you look, the impact of menacing cyberattacks has become headline news.
Check Point’s Mid-Year Report recently revealed a 42 percent global increase in cyberattacks and ransomware is now the number one threat to businesses.
With the increase in attacks, security teams are faced with the distraction of endless alerts and false positives across multiple siloed tools. The problem is compounded by an ongoing skills shortage. Sophisticated attacks have altered the cyber threat landscape to where innovative approaches are now essential to an organization’s security foundation.
One such approach is prevention.
Rather than after-the-fact discovery found with traditional methods, a proactive prevention security strategy is key to offering robust detection, response, and hunting capabilities to stop breaches before they can cause harm.
For many organizations, you have relied on a security operations center (SOC) to provide 24×7 monitoring and threat response. However, detecting threats across the entire IT infrastructure can be painstakingly difficult. Information must be pieced together from various siloed tools while navigating through an endless array of daily alerts. SOCs can also become complex and expensive to operate, and although they supply detection and response capabilities, preventing attacks is not a core strength. The result: Critical attacks can be missed and damage your organization.
So, what’s the solution for these security operations challenges?
Managed Detection and Response (MDR). A solution that can monitor your security landscape every second, minute, and hour all year around. A comprehensive MDR will cover your entire infrastructure of network, cloud, endpoint, email, and more while using powerful threat intelligence and AI technologies. As a service offering, its strengths are even more compelling.
How should I choose an MDR service provider?
Your MDR solution should encompass a prevention-first focus. When a cyberattack breaches your network, relying on detection can be too late. To provide complete transparency to service activities, your MDR solution should include an intuitive web portal with detailed visibility into all incidents, threat analysis, and security recommendations. Not to be overlooked, an MDR service must provide simple onboarding with fast integration into your existing security stack and ecosystem. As result, your SOC investment and overhead will be lowered by avoiding investments in tools, integration, recruiting, training, and staffing.
In addition, you should look for an MDR service solution with these following capabilities:
- AI technologies to continuously update your threat intelligence with new findings
- Automated actions such as isolating host, enabling prevention, and quarantining email
- Recommendations such as changing passwords and updating configuration
- Monitoring across your entire IT infrastructure
- Best practices to improve defenses and prevent future attacks
- Complete security orchestration to ensure full analysis, response, and remediation across your environment.
- Leveraging of big data threat intelligence aggregated from hundreds of millions of sensors powered with AI engines
- Active support from top industry analysts, incident response, and research experts who deliver prevention, investigation, response, and threat hunting services 24x7x365
Fortunately, there is a service that has all these capabilities, and more.
Introducing Check Point Horizon MDR/MPR: Bringing prevention-first MDR to your SOC operations
The Horizon MDR/MPR service proactively prevents, monitors, detects, investigates, hunts, responds, and remediates attacks on your environment, in real-time and with fewer resources. With Horizon MDR/MPR, Check Point elite experts will deliver SOC-as-a-Service with monitoring of your security estate 24/7 – no matter the products or solutions in place. An Incident Response team with 25-years’ experience helps you analyze, correlate, and understand what’s happening, and responds on your behalf to make recommendations to drive a prevention mindset throughout the entire delivery of the service.
Prevention is achieved across your entire landscape and at the enforcement point level with industry leading Check Point’s Quantum, CloudGuard, and Harmony solutions. To safeguard your organization and contain attacks and prevent them from spreading, Check Point Horizon MDR/MPR’s auto-prevention technology allows you to isolate hosts and quarantine files. It can also future proof your security operations by enforcing best practices such as patch installation and IPS configuration administration thus minimizing vulnerabilities.
“The strength of any MDR service is in its people, and prevention is in our DNA. With Horizon MDR/MPR, customers receive help from the direct experience of our Incident Response team who handle more than 3,000 incidents per year. If you do not have the resources to run a bullet-proof 24/7 SOC, we will do it for you.” – Dan Wiley, Head of Threat Management and Chief Security Advisor, Check Point
Powerful SecOps with a prevention-first MDR approach
Get superior protection with an end-to-end proactive security operations service backed by the industry’s top analysts that:
- Monitor your entire IT infrastructure 24×7 to accurately detect real attacks across network, endpoints, email, cloud, mobile, and IoT.
- Prevent attacks from spreading in your organization with an embedded prevention first approach in MDR/MPR, both prevention configurations and recommendations.
- Perform in-depth incident investigations and proactively hunt for threats using the industry’s most powerful threat intelligence, AI analytics tools, and Mitre Att&ck.
- Offer continuous threat prevention through ongoing ThreatCloud updates.
- Respond quickly to real threats, using orchestrated responses with automated playbooks to remediate your environment and improve defenses to prevent future attacks.
Operational peace of mind
Avoid SOC overhead with simple, responsive, and transparent security operations as-a-service
- Avoid the overhead of recruiting and training in-house analysts and staffing 24*7 shifts by using our highly experienced security operations team as-a-service
- Gain complete transparency across service activities with an intuitive web portal and reports, supplying a detailed view of all incidents, threat analysis, and security recommendations mapped to the NIST framework.
- Achieve 24x7x365 responsiveness as you consult with our analysts with global coverage and language support via chat, email, phone, and the customer portal.
- Use a single MDR/MPR service for your entire IT infrastructure, whether secured by the Check Point security stack or by other security vendors.
- Onboard the service quickly and with simple integration into your existing security stack and ecosystem.