By Michael A. Greenberg, Product Marketing Manager, Security Platforms
The new era of the Hybrid Data Center is upon us. While it is great that there is a huge trend of cloud migrations, at the end of the day, some workloads must remain on-premises, even if those workloads can operate in the cloud.
Our Data Centers must be enabled to complement our cloud strategies by giving us the freedom to choose when and where our workloads go, because selecting the right workload to migrate, at the right time, to which provider, will be instrumental to migrating successfully.
According to Gartner, “…Organizations have realized that, although “cloud first” may be the trend, a more realistic model is, “Don’t be cloud-first; be cloud-ready.”1
We believe this means we must securely enable the data center to complement the cloud. This can be achieved by enabling our data centers processing, storage and enterprise networks to become hyperscale and virtualized where we can enable applications and workloads to be delivered at the edge with better response times, lower costs and faster times to market.
Since all workloads are not created equal, determining which to keep on premises and which to migrate can be a difficult decision to make. There are a few things to consider, amongst those you should ask yourself, will there be a positive or negative impact to the business? In addition compliance, security and latency are all key components to analyze. This is where the Hybrid Data Center comes into play by allowing us to have the scalability on demand, cost-efficiency, resiliency, and simple operations at all times.
A recent report published by Gartner, outlines recommendations to IT leaders and what we feel they need to focus on to achieve optimal efficiency of their existing Hybrid Data Center and IT environments. By equipping yourself with the tools and technologies needed the sky truly is the limit.
Download the Gartner report Improve Data Center Delivery While Reducing Costs and we believe you’ll learn how:
- IT leaders can reduce operating expenses and improve existing resource capacity
- Minimize the disruption of adopting new technologies
- Increase the life span and usefulness of existing IT infrastructure
Learn How to Transform to Hybrid Data Center by Leveraging the Cloud
With the challenge of an expanding threat landscape, how do you design a hybrid data center and network security architecture that leverages the cloud to provide performance, agility and scalability without security management complexity?
Join the virtual Check Point: <SECURE> Data Center event to hear from hybrid data center security analysts, customers, architects and technologists, as they give their insights and perspectives. Learn about security best practices and innovations for the hybrid data center including how to enable the data center to perform like the cloud while leveraging cloud services to support remote workers, with fast and secure access anytime, anywhere.
By attending Check Point: <SECURE> Data Center, you’ll gain key insights from an amazing lineup of speakers including:
- Gil Shwed, Founder & CEO at Check Point, insights into the current state of the hybrid data center and predictions for 2021
- Emily Mossburg, Deloitte Global Cyber Leader: discuss key strategies for securing the hybrid data center and network based on insights gathered from numerous customer engagements.
- Frank Dickson, VP of Security & Trust at IDC: hybrid data center and cloud trends have shifted dramatically in the last 12 months with Covid-19. Join IDC to learn what their research shows.
- Deryck Mitchelson, CISO, NHS: learn how NHS was able to hyperscale security capacity when their health data increased 10x.
- Maya Horowitz, Check Point Research: learn how to protect your data center and network from sophisticated cyber attacks like the Sunburst supply chain and the Colonial Pipeline.
- Itai Greenberg, VP of Product, Check Point: Transform the security for your data center, network, and cloud with Check Point’s latest innovations.
- Avi Rembaum, VP of Security Solutions, Check Point: Learn how to transform your data center to the hybrid cloud in 3 phases.
Register for the event today to learn about innovations from Check Point that will leverage the cloud and transform your enterprise to the Hybrid Data Center & Network!